Welcome to the 2017 - 2018 PLT@WSHS Application process. This year, PLTW@WSHS lost it's specialty program status. After being the only game in town for 8 years, PWCS has expanded the PLTW sequence to almost all high schools now. What does this mean for WSHS bound students? We can now focus our efforts to provide an expanded, rigorous, STEM sequence geared to prepare students for the college engineering program of their choice.
So to apply to be part of a rigorous STEM based initiative to prepare you for college level engineering work, you will need a paper application. Yes, I know, kind of dated in this day and age but it will work best for all.
Download the pdf file and print/of edit it as you can. Follow the submission instruction
1) You fill out your part and start writing your essay
2) You sign and submit it to a teacher of your choice for evaluation
3) Teacher submits it to guidance to attach a copy of transcripts with Semester 1 grades
4) Make sure the application packet (application, essay, transcripts) is sent to WSHS c/o Mr. Castro or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st
5) You will be contacted by mail to accept being part of PLTW in early April.
For our friends who are applying to AP Scholars, as a transfer student, and would like to participate in PLTW as well, you will need to be accepted first to make WSHS your new base school. Once the acceptance letter from APS has arrived, you can submit your application for PLTW to us for review.
WSHS PLTW Application 2017 - 2018.pdf